While seemingly unbelievable, do you know that only a few people engage in activities that ensure good health for their feet? Now, you should be ine of these individuals, especially when you consider that your feet are what you use to stand, walk, run, and exercise. According to podiatry Parramatta specialists, it’s time you give your feet the proper attention that they require to ensure your overall health and mobility.
Why you need to stretch your feet
Our feet are easily forgotten in most self-care regimens, but stretching is one activity that does not take up much of your time to take care of them. Besides, stretching comes with other benefits, including improved muscle tone, cardiovascular health, blood circulation, and mood.
Something as simple as a walk is one of the best ways to ensure your feet are in good shape. Walking involves a full range motion that helps stretch and activate all muscles in your feet. Plus, walking works great for your entire body as it improves your general well-being.
Stretching helps keep feet muscles strong, flexible, and healthy. If you attempt to exercise without stretching, you increase the risk of discomfort and injury, which is why it is advised that you do some stretches during warm-up routines.
Stretching is especially critical the older you get because tense muscles limit activity and can even reduce your mobility significantly. If you didn’t know, everything you do depends on the proper flexibility and function of your muscles.
Improve your posture with loose muscles and improve blood flow into your muscles with stretching. A proper posture and healthy muscles are the guaranteed ingredients for ache-free body and improved agility.
Exercises for your feet
Are you in need of specific exercises for stretching and maintaining healthy feet?
Below are a few exercises that you can do, but make sure you consult with a podiatry Parramatta specialist for known or unknown issues:
- Cross your right leg over the other with toes carefully pulled back and do the same for the other foot 10 to 20 times.
- With your hands against the wall, step back with your left foot flat on the floor and the right foot forward. Push against the wall until you feel stretched for 30 seconds and repeat the same exercise with your right foot flat at least 10 times.
- Sit on a chair with your back straight with your feet resting on the floor gently. Attempt to spread out your toes as far as possible and hold the position for 5 seconds. Repeat the process for both feet. When ready, use a rubber band around your toes for added difficulty.
While exercising, keep the following in mind
- Stop when it hurts
- Take a deep breath and then relax as you stretch
- Keep positions for at least 30 seconds without movement
- A few minutes daily for exercising, meditation, or stretching are not only good for your muscles, but also for your mind
Foot care at Family & Sports Podiatry
Family & Sports Podiatry is a trusted podiatry Parramatta practice that is run by specialists who are certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), with a specialty in musculoskeletal foot conditions, sporting injuries, and children’s foot conditions.
If you would like to consult them concerning an ankle or a foot issue, do not hesitate to reach out to them at their Parramatta or Summer Hill locations.